Conservation tech, reimagined
science Ready Smart Cameras
Empowering land-use stakeholders to make informed management decisions with real-time data.
Our re-invented trail cameras enable tracking the most difficult species. We offer tools for insects, fish, reptiles and other hard-to-track scenarios. our technology can handle a range of scenarios, including inside bird boxes and small, cold-blooded animals underwater.
- Continuous data logging of motion, microclimate weather and GPS.
- Run your own Python scripts and machine vision models onboard the camera.
- Interchangeable camera lenses with custom focusing and lens filter options.
- Motion detection from both a PIR sensor plus a multi-zone laser rangefinder.
- Motion-detect cold-blooded animals.
- No data plan required. Built-in LoRaWAN long range wireless cloud connectivity.
Field Data Technologies and Field Data Services are sister companies empowering environmental stakeholders to make management decisions through actionable, real-time data. We are funded by USDA, NOAA, and the State of Montana to build a new type of smart trail camera.
Some of Our Applications in Action
Tracking a bumble bee using a narrow tube case for our device. The code on the computer monitor shows how the cameras can be programmed to do complex tasks and provide CSV data, ready for Excel, by reporting back what they see.
Macaw chicks in Costa Rica. By monitoring movement in the nests, researchers can know how soon nests are occupied and how the local climate (using an onboard weather station) affects nest usage.
Tracking lizards and amphibians in California. Here, a non-lethal camera trap allows for automatic monitoring and reporting over built-in radio, once per minute.
Tell us about your project
Have any questions? We are always open to talk about your business, new projects, creative opportunities and how we can help you.